Monday, November 3, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

Lily loves the Kitchen Aid. What to do with the extra pumpkin you didn't carve? Well, it was a fight between the pumpkin soup and pumpkin pie - but pumpkin chocolate chip bread won.

Preheat oven to 400
In a medium bowl mix in:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking power
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

In the Kitchen Aid Bowl add and Beat until creamy:
6 Tbsp softened butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
Add one at a time:
2 eggs (Let the kids break them into separate bowl - they love it! Lily has been doing this since she was 2!)
1 cup cooked pumpkin (canned is fine but recipe follows)
Mix in:
2 or 3 little handfuls of chocolate chips

Pour into a greased loaf pan (I use olive oil spray - Lily loves to spray this all over the place). Bake for 40-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

P said...

I love food blogging and I'm so proud of you! Plus it made me cry. Miss you and my kitchen aid just sits and sits but doesn't turn itself on. Similar to other things in my life